RWBY: Into Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: Into Shadows

The Grimm hordes ever encroach upon the kingdoms of Remnant, and it falls to academies such as Beacon to train the defenders of the realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rabbit and the Trap.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wei Tzu
Site Founder

The Rabbit and the Trap. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rabbit and the Trap.   The Rabbit and the Trap. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:40 am

Still holding a small smile, Lí nods in acceptance. "Indeed it does," he says, satisfied at the outcome for this round of riddles. He then opens his eyes and pulls away from the back of his seat, looking at his guest with his head slightly canted to the side.

"The answer was candle, by the way."
Back to top Go down
https://into-shadows-rwby.rpg-board.net
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: The Rabbit and the Trap.   The Rabbit and the Trap. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 pm

At the stranger's response, Adol slowly started to grin.
And then, he laughed.
"Hahaha, a candle! Never crossed my mind. That's good, that is."
He chuckled a little more.
"I guess I owe you a story, don't I? Let's see... Ah! How about my first interaction with a Faunus?
I would have been... Around three or four when this happened. I was playing around on the street with some young friends, when I saw a cat's tail peeking from around the corner. Having no clue what a Faunus was, nor having seen one, I immediately thought 'Kitty!'. I walked up to the cat tail and gave it something between a stroke and a yank. The Faunus attached to the tail didn't take kindly to that, as you might imagine. I got a big 'ol scratch in the face before I figured out that the Kitty wasn't real, and the tail was attached to a person."
Adol started laughing again.
"Ahh, the naivety of kids, eh? I don't know what the poor guy was doing on the floor like that, but he certainly could have done without my interference."
Adol stretched his back.
"Now then, I believe it's my turn to give the riddle? How about this one;
In a room lies the corpses of Jack and Jill. The room contains nothing but a table, upon which sits a broken bowl of water. What, do you suppose, was the cause of death?"
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Site Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Rabbit and the Trap.   The Rabbit and the Trap. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:17 am

"It could be any number of things, really," Lí muses, giving himself several seconds to think of an answer. "Something's telling me they didn't have coinciding heart attacks," he laughs, shaking his head at his thought process. "The water would have to be important, or you wouldn't have mentioned it..."

After nearly a minute pondering the question, his eyes widen, and a smile lights up his features. "Jack and Jill are fish!" he softly exclaims, one hand raised slightly in celebration, so assured is he that his answer is correct.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: The Rabbit and the Trap.   The Rabbit and the Trap. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:32 am

Adol grinned widely.
"Quite the gumshoe, aren't you?"
He chuckles.
"Fish they were, and fish they remain. Three losses in a row for me. Good thing it's not HORSE, eh? Now then, something to tell..."

'This guy is being a pain. How do I get him to stick around and open up?'

"Hold on a tic, I'll be right back."
Adol stood up from his chair and went to the counter.
"Could I grab a large bowl of chips? Oh, and a milkshake too, why not. Cheers."
He put his Lien on the counter and headed back to the table.
"Here's a story. I was on a farm, once. They had this horse named Percy. Percy was a very... Friendly horse. I could get into that, but I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate for a public space. Anyway, Percy was the first horse I ever met. Seven year old me was rather intrigued by Percy. So, I hopped into his field with grass in my hand to feed him. I walked up to him, hand outstretched, offering him the grass. Only, he wasn't very interested in the grass. He was much more intrigued by the, apparently, tasty looking shirt I was wearing. Ah thanks."

A waiter came by with the chips and milkshake. Adol nabbed a few chips before continuing.

"Dig in, if you want. They're good chips. Anyway, this horse decided that my cotton shirt looked to be more delicious than the food I was offering, and so had a nibble on my shirt before I realized what had happened. When I did realize, I ran back to the fence. But, of course, the horse was faster than I. It merrily trotted along, my shirt in its mouth, all the way back to the exit of his paddock.
My mum had to pull my shirt out of his mouth. Had a great big hole in the back, as you'd imagine."

Adol sipped from his milkshake.

"That makes it your turn" He says, grinning.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Site Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Rabbit and the Trap.   The Rabbit and the Trap. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:56 pm

"I must say, that sounds like a rather distressing incident," Lí says, not bothering to keep the amusement out of his voice. At the same time, he holds his hand up, declining the offer. "And indeed it does seem to be my turn."

For several seconds, he ponders, running through ideas of objects to riddle. "Ah; I know..." He trails off for a moment before picking up again. "Life eternal I bring, with fires unsurvivable. Sight is the gift of my blinding light, and your home, my presence secures."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: The Rabbit and the Trap.   The Rabbit and the Trap. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:01 am

Adol thought this over.
"Well, first thing that comes to mind is some kind of flame..."
His eyes lit up
"The sun!" He exclaimed.
He grabbed a handful of chips as celebration, and washed them down with milkshake
"I'm back on the board!" he laughed.
"You're really good at this, you know? Anyway, story time."
Adol leaned onto the table, ready for the stranger to tell him a tale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rabbit and the Trap.   The Rabbit and the Trap. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rabbit and the Trap.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: Into Shadows :: Off Topic :: Outside of the Local Time and Space-
Jump to: