RWBY: Into Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: Into Shadows

The Grimm hordes ever encroach upon the kingdoms of Remnant, and it falls to academies such as Beacon to train the defenders of the realms.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Azura Toxotis Ellinika

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
illpretender

illpretender

Azura Toxotis Ellinika Empty
PostSubject: Azura Toxotis Ellinika   Azura Toxotis Ellinika Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Character Info

Name:
Azura Toxotis Ellinika

Race:
Human

Personality:
For the most part, Azura has a fairly happy and can-do personality. Although not a faunus herself, she is a firm believer in equal rights, and will challenge anyone who argues that. She tends to get defensive when someone mentions her age, because she looks so much younger. Pushing herself to her limits is something she is constantly trying to do. This sometimes results in problems, especially because she hates to accept help from others.  Her concepts of limits is slightly skewed, and she can easily take on more than she can handle. She’s a perfectionist, and berates herself when she messes something up, no matter how simple. She’s fairly shy and unlikely to say anything to strangers. To her friends, she’s usually smiling and making bad jokes that leave them all groaning afterwards. She is often overshadowed by her twin brother, who was accepted into Beacon along with her. They look nothing alike, and she will often try to deny any relation.

Appearance:
Azura has curly, silver hair with a light blue tint that hangs just below her shoulder blades. She always wears a blue headband that keeps the unruly mop from falling in her eyes and getting in the way of her fighting. She has what others refer to as a “pixie face,” with a general heart shape; a short, small nose; and high arched cheekbones. Her pink eyes stand as a stark contrast against her almost deathly white skin, a result of her being an albino. Fine boned and light of stature, she finds it difficult to build any above average muscle mass, so she remains slim (althought when she was younger it was just referred to as “scrawny”). She has little chest or hip development, the most accurate description being stick straight. She stands around 5’4” and is often mistaken for being younger than 17. When not in battle attire or her uniform, you'll usually just find her in her favorite pair of blue sweatpants and a silver tank top (also what she sleeps in).

Representation:
Artemis

Color:
Azure Blue

Semblance:
Azura can use her aura to hide herself with shadows. This makes sneak attacks easier, as well as being able to hide from an opponent's blows. The primary downside to this is in any place of direct sunlight, with no shadows, it won't work. Because of this, she prefers battle in forests or at night.

Emblem:
Her emblem is a set of antlers sprouting from a crescent moon lying on its side.

Bio:
Azura grew up with her mother and twin brother. Her mother has never told her what happened, but she knows her father died before or soon after she was born. Her brother Chrys has always overshadowed her, and she ended up feeling like the forgotten child a lot. Because of being an albino, she was often very weak as a child, and ended up sick almost every other month. They were also constantly moving, and Azura did not know why. Her mother eventually decided to keep them at home instead of sending them to a different school every month, and had tutors brought in to help hone their fighting skills.

Her favorite teacher, Daskolos, was the one that introduced to her the thought of being a huntress. Before then, she just thought of herself as a sickly little child. One day when they were training, he made the comment.

"Have you ever thought about being a huntress, Azura?"

She looked at him like he was crazy. "I'm small, sick, and my weapon is almost bigger than I am. I can't be a huntress."

"What makes good huntresses, Azura, is not about being big and strong. It's about being skilled; knowing your strengths and weaknesses and using them to your advantage." He knelt down beside her. "You aren't sick. Sick is not you. You just happen to have a touch of an illness right now. It doesn't comprise who you are."

Azura began to cough, then cleared her throat and stood up straighter. "You really think I can be a huntress?"

Daskolos smiled. "I will teach you everything I can."

Ever since  she had been babbling about being a huntress, and her and her brother’s acceptance to Beacon Academy was a family event, them having a whole celebration in honor of them.

Equipment and Battle Info

Battle attire:
Azura wears a one shoulder light blue Grecian style shirt, with a silver clasp at the shoulder. Her midsection is covered by what appears to be a dark blue leather belt. This belt widens to a diamond in the center of her abdomen and features two silver crescent moons reflected at each other. She wears a short tulip skirt in the same light blue that ends mid-thigh. For shoes, she has dark blue sandals with straps that reach up her entire calf.

Fighting style:
Because of her semblance, she doesn’t rely on strength as much as surprise. She will wait until she can get the right opportunity, and hold back until she is sure she can get the right strike. You will often find her shooting arrows from a distance to weaken the target, and then finishing them with the spear. She has practiced in blocking weapons with her compound bow for combat with other people.

Weapon Name:
Full Eclipse

Weapon Range:
When she is shooting arrows, the range can be almost 100 yards, although at that distance she starts to lose the power behind the arrow (how hard it will be hitting). Using the spear tips on either end of her compound bow, close range is about three to five feet.

Weapon type:
She uses a compound bow with spearheads on either end.

Weapon Description:
Her weapon is a dark blue compound bow measuring about five feet from tip to tip. The compound bow is actually quite slim, to accommodate for Azura's small size. It has silver crescent moons down the side, along with silver scrolling accents. The strings are silver. There are two spearheads on either end of the compound bow about the size of her hand, made in the same style to match the arrowheads. The arrows' shafts are dark blue, with the fletchings being silver and the arrowhead itself being silver with crescent moons embossed on them.

Weapon Abilities:
Full Eclipse doesn’t have many different properties than a normal compound bow, aside from the spearheads attached. Azura can use her aura to blend it into the shadows when she does.

Misc. Info

Family:
Leto Ellinika (Mother)
Chrys Mousikos Ellinika (Twin Brother)

Strengths and Weaknesses:
Her strengths include her perseverance, stealth, and particular knack for math and science. Her weakness includes physical strength, socialization, and music.

Other:

Last edited by illpretender on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:22 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sumdumcat

PostSubject: Re: Azura Toxotis Ellinika   Azura Toxotis Ellinika Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Needs more detail everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. What clothes does she wear when not in combat? Describe her weapon more if you could. History should have at least another paragraph, like any significant events that happened during her time with tutors or family or anything. Her semblance? What? What does it actually do? I have to ask that you actually describe what it is and does, as well as any downsides.

Other than that this seems pretty neat, I like what you have of her so far. Just a bit more and you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
illpretender

illpretender

PostSubject: Re: Azura Toxotis Ellinika   Azura Toxotis Ellinika Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 pm

I edited it when your suggestions. Is this any better, or does it still need more? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sumdumcat

PostSubject: Re: Azura Toxotis Ellinika   Azura Toxotis Ellinika Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Hmm, this seems fine now. Good job.

RECOMMENDED

EDIT: The mods/admins wanted me to let you know that you can't have any of your characters be on the same team as another one of your chars. Just FYI. I don't know why, they just think you're under the assumption that you can, and they wanted me to let you know otherwise. Sorry :/

(I'd totally just have my own personal team though if you could do that, though)
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Azura Toxotis Ellinika   Azura Toxotis Ellinika Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:00 am

I see mentions to both a "Bow" and a "Crossbow". Does she have both? Or is that an error?

Clear that up, and she's good to go.
Back to top Go down
illpretender

illpretender

PostSubject: Re: Azura Toxotis Ellinika   Azura Toxotis Ellinika Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:23 am

Okay, that's been changed to what I originally meant! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Azura Toxotis Ellinika   Azura Toxotis Ellinika Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:40 am

Cool. Azura... AWAAAAAAYYYY

ACCEPTED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Azura Toxotis Ellinika   Azura Toxotis Ellinika Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Azura Toxotis Ellinika
Page 1 of 1